Skip to main content

Mail Pouch Barn West of Nashville Indiana

Mail Pouch Barn in Graphite
Mail Pouch Barn in Graphite
I have not spent much time working on a full drawing in graphite so as part of expanding my artistic horizons I thought I would try. If you like to draw landscapes, then check out "Smoothie77" on YouTube. He has a lot of good videos on drawing landscapes and is an excellent artist. I tried to use some of the techniques he describes in his videos although my work is no near the level of his. I am interested in doing more drawings and want to try different papers and boards to see the differences. From what I have read there is a lot of difference, and you will get different results in the tones of grey and deep blacks. According to Wikipedia Mail Pouch Barn advertising was painted on Barns from 1891 o 1992 primarily in the Midwest. My assumption is not too many of these barns remain.

This barn still stands just West of Nashville In. on State Road 46. Has you can see from the reference photo the advertising is still visible.
Mail Pouch Barn on 46 Nashville, In.
Mail Pouch Barn on 46 Nashville, In.




Comments